1. The sedimentation constant of hog thyroglobulin is 19.2ċ10–13. That of human thyroglobulin is essentially the same.
2. The specific volume of hog thyroglobulin is 0.72.
3. The isoelectric point of native hog thyroglobulin is at pH 4.58, that of denatured thyroglobulin at pH 5.0.
4. The molecular weight of hog thyroglobulin is, in round numbers, 700,000, as calculated from the sedimentation and diffusion constants, or 650,000, as calculated from the sedimentation equilibrium data.
5. The thyroglobulin molecule deviates markedly from the spherical.