Instructions for Authors
Journal of General Physiology is a peer-reviewed journal that publishes both original research as well as reviews and commentary. Manuscripts should be submitted via our online manuscript submission system. Prior to submission, please familiarize yourself with our Editorial Policies and detailed instructions on how to prepare your manuscript for Submitting to JGP.
- In light of the continuing pandemic, we have extended resubmission deadlines for all invited revisions. Learn more
- Source Data used to generate figures containing gels and Western blots now required for new submissions. To be submitted with revised manuscript submission. August 2, 2021 (see Revised submissions).
- Abstract length limited to 250 words. July 30, 2021 (see Manuscript organization and formatting).
- Changes to Data presentation, Blinding and randomization, and Statistical analysis policies. July 13, 2021 (see Manuscript organization and formatting)
- Policy on Author Name Change After Publication. June 1, 2021 (see Author Name Changes)
Author name changes
Animal and human studies
Data integrity and plagiarism
Materials and data sharing
Conflict of interest
Preparing for submission to JGP
Manuscript organization and formatting
Figure and video guidelines
Production and proofs
Corrections and refutations
Annotation and comments
*Median in 2020