Take Advantage of the Read-and-Publish Agreement between Max Planck Digital Library (MPDL) and RUP Journals
The Max Planck Digital Library (MPDL) unlimited “read-and-publish” transformative agreement with Rockefeller University Press (RUP) covers RUP’s three hybrid journals: Journal of Cell Biology (JCB), Journal of Experimental Medicine (JEM), and Journal of General Physiology (JGP). The agreement runs from January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2022. Read the announcement here.
How the 86 Max Planck Institutes immediately benefit from the pilot agreement:
- Unlimited access to all content published in JCB, JEM, and JGP immediately after publication.
- Research articles accepted between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2022 by corresponding authors within the Max Planck Society are published Open Access under a CC-BY license and directly deposited to PubMed Central (PMC) and subsequently to Europe PMC.
- Agreement covers 100% of research article publication fees for authors within the Max Planck Society, and there is no limit to the number of articles that may be published Open Access.
How authors can take advantage of new agreement:
- The corresponding author must be affiliated with a Max Planck Institute, and the author must publish under this affiliation.
- Upon submitting their article, the author should use their Max Planck email address if possible. The author will be asked to validate their institution if a validated institution is not already linked to the author’s user profile. The Max Planck Institute must be indicated.
- The article must be accepted between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2022.
- If invited to submit a final revision, the author will receive a request to sign our license once the revision is received.
- Authors who publish in RUP journals always retain copyright ownership or have the ability to set the copyright owner as their institutions when required.
Learn more about submitting to: