Take Advantage of the New "Read-and-Publish" Pilot Agreement for RUP Journals
Rockefeller University Press (RUP) has signed an unlimited "read-and-publish" pilot agreement with Jisc. The pilot agreement covers RUP's three hybrid journals: Journal of Cell Biology (JCB), Journal of Experimental Medicine (JEM), and Journal of General Physiology (JGP).
How your institution can immediately benefit from the pilot agreement:
- Participating UK institutions receive unlimited access to all content published in JCB, JEM, and JGP immediately after publication.
- Articles by corresponding authors affiliated with participating institutions are published immediate open access under a CC-BY license and directly deposited to PubMed Central (PMC) and subsequently to Europe PMC.
- Agreement covers 100% of article publication fees for authors at participating institutions, and there is no limit to the number of articles that may be published immediate open access.
The two-year pilot agreement runs from March 2020 until February 2022.
Take advantage now: participate by March 31 and publication fees will be completely covered for articles by corresponding authors affiliated with your institution that were published in March 2020. After March 31, publication fees will be covered starting from the date that your institution opts-in through the end of your agreement.
If you have already renewed your subscription to JCB, JEM, and JGP for 2020 with RUP, you can subscribe under Jisc and RUP will refund your previous renewal for 2020.
RUP, a department of The Rockefeller University, is the first US-based university press to sign a transitional agreement with research and education not-for-profit Jisc, and we hope that you will take advantage by participating. Institutions that are already utilizing the pilot agreement include:
- Cardiff University
- Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine
- Medical Research Council Lab of Molecular Biology/Harwell
- Oxford Brookes University
- Sheffield Hallam University
- St George's Hospital Medical School
- The Francis Crick Institute Limited
- The Open University
- The Queen's University of Belfast
- University College London
- University of Aberdeen (starting 1/1/2022)
- University of Birmingham
- University of Exeter
- University of Kent
- University of Lancaster
- University of Leeds
- University of Liverpool
- University of Nottingham
- University of Oxford
- University of Sheffield
- University of St Andrews
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Surrey
- University of York
Learn more about the "Rockefeller University Press 'Read & Publish' Transitional Agreement 2020-22 (Pilot)" and take advantage of the pilot agreement through the Jisc licence subscriptions manager.