Take Advantage of the Read-and-Publish Agreement
between VIVA and RUP
Virginia's academic library consortium, VIVA, and Rockefeller University Press (RUP) have entered into a Read-and-Publish Agreement. VIVA member institutions include six doctoral institutions, nine 4-year comprehensive colleges and universities, 24 community and 2-year branch colleges (at 40 campuses), and 31 independent (private, not-for-profit) colleges and universities, and other educational and research institutions. The agreement offers the following benefits to researchers at eligible VIVA member institutions:
- Unlimited access to all content published in RUP's three hybrid journals—Journal of Cell Biology (JCB), Journal of Experimental Medicine (JEM), and Journal of General Physiology (JGP)—immediately after publication.
- Research articles by corresponding authors based at VIVA member institutions are published Open Access under a CC-BY license, directly deposited to PubMed Central (PMC) and subsequently to Europe PMC, and archived in LOCKSS/CLOCKSS and Portico.
- 100% coverage of research article publication fees for authors within VIVA member institutions, with no limit to the number of articles that may be published Open Access.
How authors can take advantage of new agreement:
- The corresponding author must be affiliated with an eligible VIVA member institution, and the author must publish under this affiliation.
- Upon submitting their article, the author will be asked to validate their institution. The VIVA member institution must be indicated.
- The article must be accepted between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2023.
- If invited to submit a final revision, the author will receive a request to sign our license once the revision is received.
- Authors who publish in RUP journals always retain copyright ownership or have the ability to set the copyright owner as their institutions when required.
Learn more about submitting to:
Blue Ridge Community College
Central Virginia Community College
Christopher Newport University
College of William & Mary
Dabney S. Lancaster Community College
Danville Community College
Eastern Shore Community College
Eastern Virginia Medical School
George Mason University
Germanna Community College
J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
James Madison University
John Tyler Community College
Lord Fairfax Community College
Mountain Empire Community College
New River Community College
Norfolk State University
Northern Virginia Community College
Old Dominion University
Patrick Henry Community College
Paul D. Camp Community College
Piedmont Virginia Community College
Rappahannock Community College
Richard Bland College
Southside Virginia Community College
Southwest Virginia Community College
Thomas Nelson Community College
Tidewater Community College
University of Mary Washington
University of Virginia
University of Virginia's College at Wise
Virginia Commonwealth University
Virginia Highlands Community College
Virginia Military Institute
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
Virginia State University
Virginia Western Community College
Wytheville Community College
Institute for Advanced Learning and Research
New College Institute
Roanoke Higher Education Center
Southern Virginia Higher Education Center
Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center